We haven’t had an open house or anything on the farm for quite a while. It’s time for that to change!
We’ll be hosting several volunteer days throughout the month of September. Come on out to the farm for a tour, see what we’re up to, enjoy some sort of mushroom meal, and help us out with some projects.
There is always plenty to do! Some projects we have in mind:
- some general clean-up
- weed whipping around the mushrooms logs and other places. If you like weed-whipping, we’ve got lots of places that can use it!
- fixing the chicken coop roof
- replacing the shingles on the milk house (which we hope some day will be a little farm store!)
- moving a shed (aka cabin) from one spot to another spot
- finishing fixing up the shed so it can be used as a cabin
- planting a couple fruit trees
- and there are always logs to move – for those who want to try out our “Farm Fit” log-moving program!
Many hands make light work – and they make the work more fun. If you’d like to join us for a few hours or a day, please let us know! If there is a project that sounds fun to you or if you’re just happy to do anything, let us know that too.
We’ll have the volunteer days on Saturdays, September 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th.
Bonus: if you feel like coming Friday night or staying over Saturday night, we have plenty of room for camping. Bring your camping gear and hope for a clear night for lots of excellent stargazing!